Sunday 22 June 2014

That's it all over - thanks

So that's it all over!

I hope you'll agree we received some fantastic songs, and I hope you enjoy singing them for years to come.

I would welcome any suggestions and ideas for how we can promote the excellent songs we have, or for any future events.


I would like to offer sincere thanks to all the competitors who have entered this competition, and made it so successful, and thanks to the younger folks’ tutors and teachers too, for nurturing such awesome talent!

I have been heartened by the amount of interest in the competition - the entries have been inspiring, and some have brought tears to my eye – for various reasons.

Thanks to the singers too, who have made the songs come alive.

I would also like to thank the Gala Day Committee for their encouragement, help and promotion of this song contest.

I am very grateful to Douglas Benson, and the dutiful Baton team, who have helped me organise, as well as promote, the competition.

Thanks to Nathaniel Codona who organised the Marquee and sound for the Final and Proclamation.

And special thanks to the adjudicators, Mike Farrell, Graham Whitelaw, Elma Paton and Anne-Marie Vance who kindly agreed to take part in the hardest job in this competition.

The purpose of the Song Competition was to encourage our talented community to create a song which would make us proud to be Armadalians, and looking at the entries received, our wildest expectations have been surpassed manifold.

Last but not least, thank you, the Spirit of Armadale, for coming and cheering on the songwriters and singers.

                                                    Up Armadale!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment